Sunday, March 9, 2008

Intro: A Serious of Ramblings

Kiwis can out drink Australians. And as a girl from Auckland living in the gold coast, Im going to agree with that statement, and I welcome a challenge to prove that. 2008 has been one of new experiences for me, Ajay with an 'ay' after the 'Aj'.
Before crossing the ditch I managed to disappoint my parents by getting a tattoo, one that I know Ill never regret. A music note. Music is my passion and before you ask, no I cant really play anything. 2 years of lessons and 2 guitars later, Ive forgotten most of what I was taught. I’d like to think that its my extreme indecisiveness that caused me to give up the guitar rather than a lack of dedication, being considered fickle is more appealing than lazy. So when i say music is my passion, i mean that when it comes to listening, attending, mixing and photographing plus its the industry i want to work in.

So to get me into my managment in the music industry career im in my first year of a Bachelor of Arts. I chose New Communication Technology for two reasons; its a requirement of my major, and its something i think ill be good at. Id like to think i wouldnt be picked as a computer geek but really i am. Yes i have a Myspace, Facebook and Bebo, use MSN, Skype and Photobucket. Last year in school my best subject was Web Design, and i pretty much acted as the in class technician for most of my other classes if something were to go wrong. Actually one day when we had a releaver teacher, her instructions were simply to "get Ajay to set up the Donnie Darko DVD".

'Donnie Darko' btw, has got to be one of my favourite movies alongside 'The Departed', 'Dazed and Confused' and 'V for Vendetta'. Films are another one of my hobbies, in my last two years of school i was in the Film Society, where we watched Arthouse films every week. Yet in saying i like films, i couldnt tell you the last time i actually went to the cinema. I think it was to see 'Superbad', just to see what all the hype was about.

Travelling has also been one of my passions, which is half the reason i landed here at Griffith, the need to escape Auckland has been with me for a while now. In the months up to my depature i managed to spend half of it in Gisbourne, Coromandal and the Bay of Islands, taking any chance i got to leave the boring, unchanging, uninspiring auckland lifestyle that i grown out of. But dont get me wrong, Auckland and NZ will always be my home, but i was in desperate need for a change! So now im here, living at the Griffith Village and loving the time ive spent so far. Ive met awesome people from aussie and america, drank too much, havnt eaten properly, been on a pub crawl, to wet and wild, the horse races and after much trial and error, even managed to accomplish the bus system.

My flat 1207, has got to be the best group of people put together. We all immediatly got along, aided by our dear friend alcohol, and through each other we have made our own village click, consisting mostly of americans and possibly the only two Kiwi's in the village. Our worldly group means that ive been introduced to various new sayings and drinking games. However i am determind never ever to call Jandals, thongs! It also means ive got new excuses to travel as i now have friends from as near by as Byron Bay to as far as Boston.

I think i can safely say that after much contemplation on how to start this post, ive certainly managed to introduce myself. It may be in a serious of ramblings and tangents but i suppose as thats hows my mind wanders, it helps to get the idea of who i am.

No comments: