Sunday, May 18, 2008

week 8

Task 1:Advanced Uses Of Microsoft

I found the first few parts of this task very easy to follow and very easy to do. The software where you can trace what you were editing was very intriguing to me and i wasnt aware it existed, and i also adapted to it easily. The Mail merge was a problem for me and my MACword didnt go along with the instructions for the word in the task, this meant that i had to find what the equivilent for mail merge was on my software.

Task 2: Basic Microsoft Excel
I also found this task easy and i was very familiar with alot of the tricks and shortcuts that can be used from my last year at schooling and also from my old work. Maths in Year 13 involved alot of graphs and cell data and so i was aware of more than the basics for microsoft excel.

Task 3: Internet Field Trip
I first tried out habbohotel.com. Creating a person was very easy, although i wasnt impressed with the limited range of clothing and hair options. But you can gain more options the more you are at the hotel, which i guess is one of the insentives to continuing playing in the hotel. I found it hard to follow, on exactly where to go other than your room and how exactly to chat to people. In my opinion i think that much like the real world, you can choose who you want to talk to you and you often base this on there clothing (to a certain extent) as in habbo hotel your first impression is what the other persons avator looks like. which means that to make your avator more popular you would want to make your avator look appealling. i think that i was more wary of who was behind the people as there could be a completly different person to the avatar and this made me stand offish. unlike in real life you are unable to see people for face value and make your own judgements correctly. so i didnt really get used to the chatting sort of thing and i didnt like it that much. It is different to IM as in IM you know all the people you are chatting to and have met them in person previously.

No comments: